Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Date For Your Diary

Notwithstanding inasmuch as which the well-attested fact that my nemesis friend Dr R. P. G. of Rotherhithe is the controlling intelligence behind the science blogosphere, (this startling discovery having been made by my friend Dr A. C. R. of Santiago de Chile), I suspect that he has no familial or professional connection with the Grant Museum of Zoology, a venerable collection attached to University College, London.

It so happens that the Grant Museum (and other Institutions associated with UCL) puts on evening lectures, and in a fit of utter madness wisdom and percipience invited me to give of myself, as it were, holding forth, or, with a following wind, fifth, about the life of an editor at your favourite weekly professional science magazine beginning with N.

So, if you have nothing better to do at 6.30 p.m. in the afternoon on Tuesday 26 October, do come along and find out such arcana as what I think about when I think about manuscripts; the previously unsuspected link between Nature's Physics Team and the Lord of the Rings; the obscure connection between Nature's Biology Editors and the cast of Kill Bill, and so on and so forth in like fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment